Monday, April 14, 2008

'Christian' the Lion reunion

I don't really know the story behind this clip- except that apparently two guys rescued a lion cub and raised it for a couple of years. They then released it into the 'wild' in Kenya- but a year later were reunited with it. The lion recognizes them (presumably their voices- though this video doesn't capture that) and comes barreling towards them in enthusiasm. It's scary but then so wonderful to watch. You can honestly swear that the lion loves these two people.
I guess the reason I love this clip is because I just spent the weekend in Winnipeg, and thus spent time with my brother and sister-in-law's dog "Wilbur". It only takes 2 minutes before you feel like this is the most lovable and intelligent animal EVER!
Anyhow- it's sweet to watch the 'reunion'.

No comments: