Monday, November 05, 2007

Mini miracles

Last night something happened that hasn't happened for a long time. I pulled out a cookbook (a Christmas present from two years ago), cracked the spine and used a recipe. I made vegetarian chili but with ground chicken instead. (And added mushrooms). All la di da... look at me- just tossing in mushrooms, without a care in the world, even though they weren't part of the original recipe.
The dish turned out great- which was good since I had it for dinner, lunch and then dinner again.
This is all part of my new efforts to bring lunch to work, eat healthier, and save money. For those that know me- cooking is a rarely done activity- but I'm hoping not a novelty soon enough.
By the way - the recipe came from a book called "Eat, Shrink and Be Merry". It's a low fat cook book- FULL of recipes of regular dishes, slightly modified. It's a fun book because it's filled with fun food facts and jokes. It's a friendly cookbook.

1 comment:

Robyn Vickers said...

if you heard a loud bang, that was me fainting. Does this mean I can give you an expensive Saute Pan for Chirstmas this year? Don't worry, I wouldn't dare! But yay for you.