Thursday, October 02, 2008

My first few days.

One thing that people think of when they think of New York City is the pollution. You know... it's a concrete jungle and full of smog and dirt. Everything is processed, dirty and loud (all true)... but none of that bothers me. In fact those are all things I love about this place. What bothers me is the CIGARETTES! Everyone freakin' smokes and they all smoke on the street and as I am walking down the street to get to work I have to breath it in. It's gross.

What else can I say about nyc?? Well I love the fact that I live here because I don't have to stress out running around like a fool to see and do everything.. because I know I have time. I LIVE here. I'm not just visiting. I am here permanently. It's so weird. I had dinner with a friend the other night who moved here 7 months ago. She said that she's just started to feel as though she lives here.

I met my roommate on Tuesday and I loved her- she's awesome. I saw my apartment... and it has a lot of potential. It just needs a few coats of paint and some light. I live in the Upper East Side- 3 blocks away from the park. There are tons of shops and dry cleaners around my house (seriously- I don't understand why there are so many dry cleaners...). And despite all the cleaners- I love the neigbourhood. It's just like you would imagine when you think of New York. And I actually love the idea of living uptown and coming downtown to go out.

I met one of my neighbours today. His name was Mark- and he was super friendly. He's lived in the building for 16 years. Apparently the Marx brothers used to live in my building (on the fourth floor- I'm on the 2nd).

Ok- it's time for the VP debate. It's on about 7 of the 9 main channels so I think I'll tune in. I do live here and should pay a bit more attention to what's going on.

No comments: