Sunday, January 11, 2009

And Here's to You...

I finally saw the movie "The Graduate" this weekend. I was particularily interested in this movie as my friends frequently call me "Mrs. Robinson" due to my predilection for younger guys (hey I admit it). I'd heard that the the movie was a great love story...which I assumed was between the Mrs. and the young dashing Dustin Hoffman.

Boy was I wrong.

Mrs. Robinson is HORRIBLE. And I mean seriously, seriously wretched.

She basically bullies Dustin's character into a loveless, soulless, meaningless affair. He's a cowering, shivering wreck of a boy who gets sucked into this thing he doesn't understand and can't control and which eventually almost destroys his life.

She's mean, contemptuous, unhappy and uses this poor boy for her own needs without thought to his own.

Really??! I'm Mrs. Robinson?!?!?! Really??!?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought i knew you?

Anonymous said...

i thought i knew you?