I'm at work (quelle surprise) and procrastinating (another shocker) so am doing this activity which has been running rampant on fb recently. You're supposed to write 25 things about yourself- tag people- they read it and write and it goes on.
But I have friends who aren't on facebook that do read my blog and why cut you out of the love?? It's a ridiculous exercise- but you all love me- so why wouldn't you want to know more about me?!??! You might learn something.
25 Random Bits of Useless Trivia About Me:
1. Every cute 'saying' I have, I stole from someone else (eg. meow meow meow, quelle surprise)
2. Every time I see a fire truck/ambulance etc I say a prayer.
3. I believe I'll be a single mom. At least that's how I envision it.
4. I can't sleep with my feet trapped under my the bed covers- the covers HAVE to be untucked.
5. I actually prefer a duvet to a quilt (this is meaningful because my Mom owns a quilt store) BUT I've discovered that if I put a quilt ON TOP of a duvet it is actually better.
6. Until very recently I wouldn't alllow ANYTHING to go on top of my duvet. You wanted to sit on my bed? You had to pull the duvet back to sit down.
7. I kind of believe that we dream the future. (A little bit)
8. I like hugs more than kisses. I hug everyone. Even people I don't know that well which throws them off. I think I get it from my Mom and my Dad.
9. When I was growing up I secretly thought it was so cool that my last name was different than my Moms' last name.
10. I do what Paul does and unconsciously mimic other people's accents. You can even tell a difference from when I moved to Toronto from Calgary and to New York from Toronto.
11. I was born in Calgary but consider myself a Maritimer because I spent every summer in New Brunswick when I was growing up.
12. Many of my friends are 'foodies' but I would be completely content to eat the same food every day. It's just fuel. In fact that's what I do. In Calgary I used to have rice for lunch (for 2 years) nearly every day) and in Toronto it was sushi- for about 2.5 years. Right now it's a turkey sandwich from starbucks.
13. Except for Peanut M&Ms. I love those like heroin. (or at least how I imagine I would love heroin... I hear it's pretty addictive). People probably don't realize the extent to which I like to eat them. I think the most romantic proposal would be if he gave me a bag of Peanut M&Ms ("Mega" variant- they don't actually exist anymore) and the ring was buried in the bag. Of course I'd probably eat it before I realized what it was. And I do realize that this is not so much "romantic" as it is "sad".
14. I have dreams about losing my teeth all the time. Only I'm not 80- I lose them in the middle of a meeting on a Tuesday. So I really hope that #7 is wrong.
15. My first boyfriend was when I was 19. I didn't date in high school. (I also didn't wear contacts, have straight teeth, wear make-up or know how to dress until after HS. I wonder if there's a correlation??). Even now I don't date that much.
16. I have been a part of an annual Christmas potluck dinner with a group of 7 other girls for the past 16 years. I cherish those friendships. One of those friends I've had since I was 4! (Incidentally I cherish all of my friendships)
17. I got into my career by accident. If Eric hadn't walked into the GAP that day...
18. Even though I love travelling I find it exhausting and lonely and hard.
19. After University I went to a semester of bible college, used to attend church 6 days a week, and volunteered as a Sunday school teacher.
20. I don't like wine. Red or white. Though I'll drink white if I have to. But I just don't like the taste. Everyone freaking LOVES it and I just don't get it??!!
21. I don't love New York (blasphemy right?!) but think it's cool to live here for now. I have NO IDEA where I'm going to go next. I just know that I don't want to live anywhere that I've already lived- as I feel that's going backward.
22. I fall in love VERY EASILY. And often. oh wait- this is supposed to be stuff people DON'T know about me...
23. When I take paper towels from a dispenser in a public washroom I always have to take 3. I don't know why. Now tell me something: now that you know this about me, how does it change how you feel about me?? What sort of deeper understanding do you have of me that will enable our relationship to be more fulfilling??!
24. The top thing I look for in any relationship (friendship, partnership etc) is laughter. And not just you making me laugh, but me making you laugh too.
25. People always tell me I've very photogenic and tho I doth protest too much, I secretly agree. But ONLY from certain angles!!!! Isn't that horrible of me?! : )