Monday, April 20, 2009

Feels like home to me

In two weeks I've already done more with my room in my new apartment than I did in my previous place in 6 months. Maybe I knew I wasn't going to stay in the UES- and that deep down I'm an UWS girl...the reason I had to finally tidy the room is I had friends coming to see it. (I love living in NY simply for the reason that more friends find their way here than they would any other city in NA).

Leigh and her sister (also a friend!) were here from Calgary. Leigh is having a baby (yay!!) and so while we went out for dinner and drinks and had a great night- it wasn't quite the same as the nights we used to have at "Cowboys" ...

This is my friend Paul who was visiting from Toronto. He and I went to the play "Exit the King" with Susan Sarandon and Geoffery Rush. I was going to write a post about it and call it "Exit the Sarah" because I left at intermission. I hated it- but upon discussing it with Paul I realize it was actually quite smart and I was just not in the right headspace for it.
(And YES my room is big enough to house a regular double bed and a double sized blow-up mattress- trust me- way more comfortable than the couch!)


This is me and Rose out on Saturday night. Though we hung a lot before- now it's constant because we live minutes away from each other. We went to a roof top patio at the Hudson and it was sooo beautiful out. We have pouring thunderstorms right now which people don't love (I do) but once they end, we'll have a freshly washed city- ready for the spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are gorgeous!!!
Char :)

Sandy said...

I agree!!!