Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Quick Hits

Yankees:

Go Yankees- Game 5 tonight- back in New York. Yankees lead the series 3-2. They could win tonight. (I know- I actually sound like I know what I'm talking about). Woo.

For reasons we don't need to get into I'm hoping they score all of their runs in the bottom of the 7th.

The Measure of a Man:

I was talking with a friend today and describing someone to him as a potential 'catch'. He's balding... but still very cute (tall & lean, just my 'type'). He's divorced... (fine) with 4 kids (hmmm...). He's divorced because he cheated on his wife (not great). He doesn't have a high school education because he dropped out in grade 11 (bad). He just had another baby with someone he had a casual fling with (worse). Oh and he's got a reputation for being a 'swinger' (????). Winner right??

I'm describing Jude Law. Yet because he's gorgeous and rich rich rich he's a 'catch'. What is wrong with our society that this kind of person is heralded as amazing...when someone with truly stellar qualities goes unnoticed and unrewarded?

Blogs:

I've updated my link list to the right and you'll see a couple of other really great reads.
--> "Farokh's Story" is my friend's very courageous, and raw, story about his co-existence with Cancer. I would say 'fight'- but that's something he's not 100% comfortable with- you can read to find out why.
--> "Bake with Blondie" is my friend's baking site where you can download recipes of all kinds of deliciousness.
--> "Bride & Mom" is a friend's very funny site chronicling her adventures on the road to getting married.

In case you're reading this on facebook- you can see my blog here:
SmallSealKostecki

No comments: