Thursday, May 10, 2007

The End of an Era (well an era for me anyway)

So tomorrow is my last day at Ogilvy- which is definitely bittersweet. I am excited about my new job, and the change and the new opportunities- (I think I need a little shaking up...) BUT I'm also going to MISS everyone at this place soooo much. I've been part of the "Ogilvy Family" for 6.5 years and Team Unilever for 3.5... a long time to be part of such an amazing group of people. I don't think I realized how sad I would be until this week and I started to dismantle my office, and say my good-byes and it became really real. I have never felt such an outpouring of appreciation and love (esp. for my hugs!) than before this week- from colleagues, partners and clients. If anyone ever wants to give their ego a boost they should give notice as it's nothing but compliments from then on out!!

I will say that I'm kind of glad to be leaving with sadness in my heart. At least it shows me that my time here was wisely spent- and that the relationships I've formed here were real and meaningful, and that they will endure.

So now... on to the next terrifying thing... I've been told that the people at Leo (the aegncy I'm going to) aren't "huggers". That's my key point of difference! What am I going to do?! : ) I'll keep you posted on the next stop in the journey...

1 comment:

The Hansens said...

I'm glad it ended so well for you there Sarah. Says something about the level of work you did there and the way you pour your heart into people. They'll be lucky to have you at Leo.