Monday, March 08, 2010

Making a Difference

I've recently learned about an organization in Canada that provides scholarships to disadvantaged people for professional post-secondary education (such as engineering, law, medicine etc).

It was a very interesting concept to me, as I'd never thought about assistance for minority or low income students beyond University. I felt like that in itself was an accomplishment. Here's someone who overcame obstacles, worked hard, and triumphed. They have a degree- well done. It's still a story of success and who wants more than that right?

But why? Why couldn't or shouldn't that person go on to even higher education? Just because I never had such aspirations (sorry Mom!) doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't have the opportunity to realize their ultimate potential. And if the desire is there I'd hate to think of someone not being able to pursue it.

Maybe you feel the same way. And maybe you want to learn more about this organization. And maybe you want to contribute to their scholarship fund.

Maybe. (I'm going to make it easier for you to learn/read/donate by putting a link right here. Just click through. See how easy that was?)

Cape Scholarship

No comments: