Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dirty confessions

A few weeks ago my dear roommate and I spent a night- a full 3 hours- being indoctrinated into season 7 (or 8 or ???) of American Idol. And from that first night I've been hooked- on the guys performances. {hang my head in shame}

Initially I was a fan of the aussie- because he was cute, talented and had the accent of course. But now... well now I'm wishing I lived in the US only so I could vote for David Cook. He's AMAZING. He's this rocker guy who is taking classic ballads and adding an edge. Maybe it's because he's singing all of my favourite songs: "Hello" by Lionel Richie and tonight "Eleanor Rigby" by the Beatles. Or maybe because he comes across as an "aw shucks" with attitude kind of guy. Whatever it is, he's my new favourite.

And I'm going to stop talking about it now. And stop watching American Idol. (go david!)

No comments: