Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dogs Days of Fall

Once again I'm reminded of how lucky I am to be living in New York City- and all of the opportunities I'm exposed to. Yes it can be expensive, as my bank account can attest to, but it's also stuff I wouldn't get to do anywhere else and as such I take advantage...

A few weeks ago I went to a pre-season NFL game between the Giants and the New England Patriots. We had VIP passes so we were able to be on field for the warm up.

We were close.
Tom Brady needs to cut his hair.


A few weeks ago I went to an EPIC concert at Yankee Stadium. I can say without hyperbole that it was probably the best concert I'll ever see in my life. Or anyone, ever, will ever see. In addition to the headliners Jay-Z and Eminem, they brought on 5- Cent, Dr. Dre, Kanye West, Drake (Degrassi!), some other rappers I don't know,Chris Martin, and... Beyonce. It was awesome. Though I did leave early to beat the rush on the subway.



I managed to see two Yankee games this fall- including one where they beat the Red Sox. I saw two Broadway shows (thanks Big Al!) including my favourite: Rock of Ages.


Some friends and I also went Apple picking. Ironic that I seem to do the more outdoorsy and nature-y things the further I move away from nature.




Finally I managed to get out to the US Open. It was about 75C and we melted through a tournie where the #4 men's player, Andy Murray, won his game as well as a close match between French player Gael Monfils and some loser. It was some great tennis.

And a great Fall.

Now we head into Winter where I will begin to hibernate. I've already put on the requisite 10lbs to keep me warm... damn Peanut M&Ms...

No comments: