Thursday, October 28, 2010

The People Have Spoken

I haven't lived in Toronto for a couple of years now but I still consider it one of my homes especially as I still have many good friends and family there.

Recently there was a mayoral election and some guy named "Rob Ford" won. I heard him talk on CBC radio the other day and he sounded fairly ignorant. Of course I was influenced by the fact that EVERY SINGLE ONE of the people I know in Toronto voted against him. Never before have I seen such a universal loathing and banding together over said loathing of a politician. (at least at this local of a level).

I wondered how such a universally disliked person could be elected. Then a friend of mine posted a link to an article that showed a map of how each ward voted.


The suburbanites seem to love Ford. The urbanites not so much. All of my friends are the latter.

It's interesting to see such a clear divide. But I guess no different than the blue and red states, but at a micro level.

No comments: