Monday, January 11, 2010

Monkeys Monkeys Monkeys!

Before Olivia was born I gave her a little stuffed monkey. It was small and cute and super soft.

This quickly became her favourite toy- and it's now permanently attached to her. She actually gets upset if they take it away to 'bath'- which gets done quite often.

I love that my little contribution to her childhood will prove to be a pivotal one (much like my own childhood toy "rascal") and I don't want to lose that. The family was a bit worried that Monkey wouldn't make it through O's childhood as he's already a bit ragged so auntie Sarah went online to find more.


Though I do think O is a genius child I'm pretty sure she can't read yet- so feel confident writing about having to come up with 'back up' monkeys should anything happen to the original.

Deceptive? Yes. Necessary? Perhaps. Although I wonder if I would have been able to tell the difference to Rascal if anyone had tried to pull the old switcharoo on me back in the day...

UPDATE:
So I guess she is a genius baby. Apparently my sister-in-law was reading my post on the computer and O climbed into her lap to see what she was looking at. She saw the picture of the monkeys and pointed at it- the climbed down to look for the original. Such a clever little girl.

No comments: