Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Year Celebrations

Most who know me know that I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve parties. I've come home from dinner and a movie before midnight before. I've booked flights so that I celebrate in the air.

To be honest- my best new years where when I was a kid with my parents and brothers. We would listen to the top 100 on the radio, eat cheese & crackers plates and stay up til just past midnight. At midnight we would stand on the front door and shout out Happy New Year to all of our neighbours who were doing the same. We were kids, it was simple, and it was fun.

Now that I live in NYC people have asked if I would stay here and go to Times Square. I've heard it's much like everything else in NYC where there are a million people and you need to show up hours in advance in order to get a good view. Given I don't care all that much I was just as content to stay in Toronto and catch up with some old friends.

Here we are trying to do model pose but I couldn't keep a straight face.



This time I nailed the model pose, right down to the wan pale look. (I actually had a guy come up to me at the end of the night - I'd just met him- and tell me that "for the record I preferred you with your hair down." Looking at this picture I can kind of see why!!)


I then continued the celebrations in NYC Jan 2 with a dinner out with some new(er) friends.


Both a bit lower key and both lots of fun. It was more about catching up and sharing stories than getting drunk and being ridiculous (because let's face it, I do that most of the year anyhow!).

No comments: